Software development environments
From Higher Computing Science
This article is unfinished. Please consider joining and adding to this article. Read about Page layout beforehand.
- Software Development Environments are the hardware and software used to create software.
- Software Development Environments give the programmer access to tools that speed up software development
- User interface design tools help programmers create an interface for their program
- The editor can auto-complete variable names and control structures (for example, adding an END IF for each IF statement)
- The editor can use syntax highlighting to colour elements of code, making it easier to read.
- Access to debugging tools like breakpoints and watch variables help to find errors quickly.