From Higher Computing Science
- Code must be optimised for performance and functionality
- Code efficiency makes sure that resources such as memory or processing power are not overused. This means that code should not do any unnecessary checks or load data that is not needed.
- Code optimisation can involve using multiple cores to run lines of code simultaneously.
- Web pages can be optimised for search engine placement.
- Web pages can be optimised for download by compressing any downloadable files, including scripts.