From Higher Computing Science
This article is unfinished. Please consider joining and adding to this article. Read about Page layout beforehand.
- Many applications are now developed for mobile devices, rather than PCs
- Mobile applications have different requirements than PC applications:
- Mobile apps often have limited access to memory or storage space
- Mobile apps need to be power-efficient as they will run on batteries
- Mobile apps will be using unreliable/wireless communication
- Mobile apps can use sensors to detect location (GPS), movement (accelerometer), image data (digital camera)
- Mobile apps are not developed on mobile phones. They are developed on PCs and emulators are used to test apps before they are deployed to mobile devices.