From Higher Computing Science
This article is unfinished. Please consider joining and adding to this article. Read about Page layout beforehand.
- Computers have developed from simple devices to intelligent systems.
- Intelligent systems range from basic use of data such as location to change information given to a user, to complex Artificial Intelligence systems
- An intelligent system can be considered so if it can:
- Problem solve
- Learn from mistakes
- Use vision systems
- Process natural language
- Artificial Intelligence systems are used to learn from experience – systems such as handwriting recognition, voice recognition and face recognition are improving every day because they have access to huge data sets (mainly through use of services such as Google Photos, Facebook and Siri)
- AI is used in areas of navigation, car safety, voice recognition, facial recognition, image identification and games
- Expert systems can be used to provide answers to difficult problems, by following a system of facts and rules (most often represented using a declarative language)