Complex database operations
From Higher Computing Science
- A database can have a variety of user interfaces for different kinds of users and different scenarios
- A form interface can be used to provide a simple form for entering data.
- A report can be used to generate a printable copy of the database, formatted to look good on paper
- A query can be used to enter search data into a database to ensure the records that are visible match a criteria. Queries can also used to sort data into order. A combination of search and sorting can be carried out in a query.
- A calculated field is a field that generates its value from another field in a table. This allows a database to present a more useful representation of data, for example, a combined score, or an age generated from a date of birth.