From Higher Computing Science
- Biometrics is the use of physical data, such as the unique imprint of a hand or retina, to authenticate users.
- Biometric data is very secure because it is extremely hard to forge or replicate.
- Companies can use biometric scanners to make sure that only current employees can gain access to a system, and that a password cannot be compromised.
- Biometric data is also used by companies for user experiences such as voice recognition and face recognition.
- Biometric data is widely used by immigration authorities on entry to a country - fingerprint and face data is captured.